Welcome to another Snack With Mary Recipe! Today, we are cooking Garlic Bread Rolls! If you are not a garlic fan as I am, you can follow the instructions up to Step 3 avoiding Garlic Dressing and still take advantage of these mind-blowing, tasty Bread Rolls! Don’t be scared of overwhelming instructions and the wait time for this recipe – it is easier than it seems to be and if you doubt that, I welcome you to take a look at this video tutorial.
So, let’s get it started – I am very excited, hope you will like it as well. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools:
Garlic Bread Rolls: Ingredients
Garlic Bread Rolls: Tools
Besides the ingredients the following tools might be handy:
Garlic Bread Rolls: Instructions
Step 1: Prepare the bread dough
- In a big mixing bowl stir together 350ml of warm water, 8g of traditional yeast, 1tsp of sugar, 100g flour.
- Mix using a whisk to melt the sugar
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes in a warm room
- Gradually add and mix 400g of flour
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil and 1tsp of salt
- Knead until the dough become smooth and elastic
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm place for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Bread Rolls
As the dough is ready, it is time to do some rolls:
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured working surface
- Divide it into 4 equal round balls
- Stretch the dough into a thick rope and cut in small pieces about 2-3 cm long
- Turn the small pieces into little balls and place them on a lightly oiled baking pan
- Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and let rest for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
- Take 1 egg and separate the egg yolk
- Egg wash the bread rolls before baking.
- Bake about 20 minutes in the preheated oven until your bread rolls are golden brown.
Step 3: Garlic Dressing
- In a small cup press 1 garlic clove
- Squeeze a 1/2 lemon for some juice
- Add a pinch of salt, black pepper and a little bit of olive oil
- You can also add (optional) Italian parsley for the taste.
- Mix together and spread the mixture across the bread rolls
- Cover with a clean towel and let it chill
- Enjoy it!
This recipe might seem a bit complicated, but things get easy as you start, take a look at this 2 minutes video tutorial that might help you on your path of rolling some garlic bread 🙂 Hope you are having fun trying something new and most important enjoy eating it and don’t forget to check out my Borsch, it would be such a great addition, you just cannot eat Borsch without Garlic Bread Rolls !
Please let me know how do you like it bellow in the comment’s section.
Snack With Mary <3
I am Maria. Mother of three little cuties. Wife. Sister. Food Lover. Passionate cooker. Master Chef.Learn more